Youth Invited to Participate in Veteran's Day Essay Contest
Youth age 8-18 years old who live in Riverton or who attend school in Riverton are invited to participate in a Veteran’s Day Essay Contest sponsored by Riverton City and the Riverton Arts Council. The goal of the contest is to collect stories of military veterans who made an impact in the world, in our community, or in your life. The veteran may be someone living or someone who has passed on and does not need to be from Riverton. The winning essay will be read at Riverton City’s Veteran’s Day Program on Monday, November 12, at 6:30 p.m. at the Sandra N. Lloyd Community Center and the writer will receive a $100 cash prize.
Wednesday, November 7, 2018, end of day
- Participants must be 8-18 years old.
- Participants must live in Riverton or attend school in Riverton.
- Essay must not exceed 1-page in length.
- Essay should include a brief biography of the veteran and describe the impact he/she has made on the world, on the community, and/or in your life.
- Essay must be uploaded as a .doc, .docx, .docm, or .pdf file.