Councilwoman Tawnee McCay
District 3 | Term: 2016 - 2020
Tawnee McCay loves living, serving and playing in Riverton with her family. They are long time Riverton residents and love living in our great city.
Tawnee received her MBA with an emphasis in Financial Planning from Utah State University. She has worked as a Financial Planner, Adjunct Faculty, Congressional Campaign Treasurer and USU Financial Counseling Center Director. She enjoys reading, traveling and planning family vacations. She loves volunteering including PTO president, being a foster parent, scout leader and helping at the food pantry. She doesn’t like tax increases or overreaching government. Tawnee enjoys long walks by the Jordan River thinking about the Riverton budget. :)
Tawnee and Dan have been married for 19 years. They are parents to six amazing kids. They enjoy watching their kids play sports and love attending the many Riverton city activities.
Boards and Committees
- Riverton City Council, District 3, Mayor Pro Tempore
- Redevelopment Agency of Riverton City (RDA)
- Riverton Law Enforcement Service Area (RLESA)
- Tourism, Recreation, Cultural and Convention Advisory Board (TRCC)
- Association of Municipal Governments
- Fiscally Responsible Governance Strategic Planning Committee