Riverton City's strategic priorities guide the efforts of elected officials and staff and help align city resources with need. In January of each year, the Mayor and City Council meet to discuss progress on priorities and determine modifications to the strategic plan to keep things moving forward.
1. Foster safe and healthy neighborhoods that provide a strong sense of community and balanced opportunities to live work and play.
2. Promote a thriving business climate that supports the needs of Riverton residents.
3. Create a welcoming, historic downtown destination.
4. Establish vibrant parks, recreational opportunities, and events that build bridges within the community.
5. Create a well-connected community with properly maintained utilities and infrastructure.
6. Actively engage and inform residents.
7. Establish operational excellence.
8. Promote fiscally responsible governance.