National Flood Insurance Program (NFIP) Design Requirements
15.45    Flood Damage Prevention Ordinance

Flood Emergency FAQ
1.  Should I contract with disaster relief contractors and will the City pay for it?  These contactors can be very helpful during a crisis but there is no garantee that the City or FEMA will cover the cost.  
2.  Will the City pick up the damaged material I need to remove from my home?  No program exist for every flood event.  Public disposal pick up and dumpsters will be determine by City officials on a case by case basis.
3.  How do I file a damage claim with the City?  Contact the Stormwater Division 801-208-3152

Properties that encroach or are in designated Special Flood Hazard Areas (SFHA) indicated by the Flood Insurance Rate Map (FIRM) Zones A, AE, A1-A30, AH and AO who plan to develop or fill a property designated as SFHAs are obligated to NFIP regulations and must file a Floodplain Development Permit Application.

Generally, this means the NFIP applies to property owners who plan to build structures, place fill, even place non-fixed structures into any part of a SFHA.

This page is intended to provide overall instruction but does not replace the specific requirements of ordinance and NFIP requirements.

FEMA Floodplain Development Permit Application

Projects encroaching into non-FIRM floodways must file for a Floodway Encroachment Permit.
Flood Control Encroachment Permit Application 

In summary, property owners who are occupying or developing in SFHA’s could be involved in one or more of the following three documents.  These documents may be used to remove your property from the SFHA or reduce the flood hazard potential affecting your property.  Approval of FIRM map changes are dependant on not expanding the floodplain into properties not formerly in the floodplain and not increasing the flood hazard potential of adjacent properties already within the SFHA.