Riverton City is in the process of forming the Riverton Police Department (RPD), following the City Council’s final decision to part ways with Unified Police Department (UPD) in October. RPD will take over law enforcement service from UPD on July 1, 2019. Don Hutson has been hired as the chief of police and is overseeing the formation of the new department. Additional information related to the police transition will be posted here as it becomes available.
“I look forward to creating a department that proactively serves the Riverton community, places high value on our officers, and provides the best law enforcement service for our citizens.”
- Chief Don Hutson
- Riverton City accepting applications for Police Commanders. Click here for position and application details.
- Riverton City Appoints Police Chief to Form New Department (Gephardt Daily)
- Riverton Taps Unified Precinct Chief to Lead New Force (Deseret News)
- Riverton Hires Police Chief to Lead Formation of New Department (Fox 13)
- Riverton City Hires New Police Chief (ABC 4)
- Citing Unsuccessful Negotiations with Unified Police, Riverton Takes Next Steps to Form Own Police Force (KSL)
- Riverton Moving Forward with Forming New Police Department (KUTV)