Season: June 6 - June 27, 2019
*Races will be Thursday mornings
- June 6 at Cenntenial Park
- June 13 at Roi Hardy Park
- June 20th at Monarch Meadows
- June 27 Cenntenial Park
- 8:00 AM Competitive Jr. (3rd-6th Grade)
- 9:00 AM Open Sr. (4th-12th Grade recommended) Register for Competitive
- 10:00 AM Open Jr. (K-3rd Grade Recommended) Register Open
*Competitive Divisions have weekly/seasonal standings and awards. Scores are kept and posted in our weekly newsletters. Obstacle completion is mandatory (or completion of a penalty-ie 10 burpees, or extra loop).
*Open Divisions do not keep formal score, completion of obstacles is not mandatory, no penalties for failure of obstacles.
- Open Divisions: $79 for 4 week season
- Competitive Divisions: $99 for 4 week season
- Entry into all races. Each race will be unique.
- Grit League Shirt
- Opportunity to earn "GritBands"
- Weekly Newsletters
- Participation Awards for everyone; Performance Awards for Competitive Division Winners.
- Each "Heat" lasts for just under 1 hour.
- Participants arrive 15 minutes before start time to check in.
- We do a warm-up and course preview for the first 15 minutes.
- Races start at 45 minutes after the hour (IE 7:45 AM for a 7:30 Heat)
- Courses are typically 400-600 yards long with 5-10 obstacles.
- Competitive Heat Racers are given 25 minutes to complete as many laps as they can. After 25 minutes they finish the lap they are on. They have until 30 minutes to complete their last lap. Scores are based on the number of laps they finish. Ties are determined by their order of finish on their last lap.
- Open Heat Racers are given 20 minutes to complete as many laps as they want. After 20 minutes they finish the lap they are on. They have until 30 minutes to finish their last lap. No formal scores are kept, but Open Heat Participants can informally keep their own scores based on the number of laps they complete.
- There will be a drink station near the Start/Finish line area so that kids can get a drink each time around the lap.
- After they finish, the kids "check-out" by returning the wristbands we use to keep score and get their scores recorded.
- Parents/sibilings, etc. are welcome to observe the race, as long as they stay out of the way of the racers. Parents may accompany kids in the "Open Junior" Heat, or on a case-by-case basis for any special needs participant.