- Apply for a Conditional Use Permit from the Riverton City Planning Department. They have a packet and a checklist of requirements. One-time application fee required.
- State Certificate of Child Care Licensing is required. Contact the Utah Department of Health’s Child Care Licensing Division for classes and information at 801-273-6617.
- Apply with the Utah Department of Commerce for a business name registration. To apply, click here. Fee required.
- Request a state heath inspection if food is being served. Fee required. Call 385-468-3845 to request an inspection.
- Current certificate of first aid/CPR training. Fee required. Contact the Utah Department of Health’s Child Care Licensing Division for class information at 801-273-6617.
- Apply for a Riverton City business license. No fee required.
- Complete a Riverton City building inspection. $47.00 fee required. The Building Department will collect this fee and order inspection.
- Complete a fire department inspection. No fee required. Business license clerk will order this inspection.
*It is applicant’s responsibility to provide items 2, 3, 4, and 5 when presenting completed business license application. Fee for item 7 will be collected when business license application is turned in. All licenses will be issued only after final fire and building inspections are complete.
*Day Care is providing care and supervision for 3 or more children under age 14 for more than 4 hours per day. Only exclusion is given to children in homes of legal guardians, grandparents, bothers, sisters, uncles or aunts.