Business Licensing

Conditional Use Checklist

 Conditional Use/Home Occupation 
Any "In-Home" Business with Employees or Customers
(Dance studios, salons, spas, instructional classes, etc.) 

  1. Apply for a Conditional Use Permit from the Riverton City Planning Department. A one time application fee is required and can be found in the current Riverton City Fee Schedule.
  2. Apply with the State of Utah Department of Commerce for your business name registration. The State will issue you an eleven digit registration number. Include this number on the Riverton City business License Application form, in the space provided.
  3. If you will be operating a hair or nail salon, providing child care, or if food will be served, you must request a State Health Inspection (fee required). For hair and nails call (385) 468-3835, childcare call (801) 273-6617 and for food related inspections call (385) 468-3845
  4. The Riverton City Business License Fee will be collected by the Business License Clerk at the time of application (fee schedule).
  5. A Riverton City Building Inspection Fee (fee schedule) is also required. The Business License Clerk will collect this fee and order final inspections. 
  6. A Riverton City Fire Inspection is required. No additional fee is need and the Business License Clerk will order this inspection.

It is the applicants responsibility to provide item numbers 2 and 3 when submitting a completed Business License Application. All licenses will be issued only after all fees are paid and inspections are complete.