Simple Business License / Home Occupation Checklist
Applies to office work only: Computer work, invoicing, telephone, etc. No employees/clients in or out of the home that would alert the neighbors or have a visual impact on the neighborhood: Internet services, accounting, crafts, etc. Also includes mobile business that performs work and related services in other locations: Handyman, cleaning services, consulting, plumbing, etc.
- Apply with the Utah Department of Commerce for a business name registration. To apply, click here. Fee required.
- You will receive a seven digit dash four digit registration number from the State. Bring a hard copy of that registration to Riverton City for proof.
- Apply for a Riverton City business license, which is available online at rivertoncity.com or at Riverton City Hall at 12830 S Redwood Road, Riverton, Utah 84065. No fee required.
- Obtain signature of clearance from the Riverton City Planning & Zoning Department at same location as above.
- The license will be processed by the clerk and will be sent to you in the mail.
*It is applicant’s responsibility to provide item 1 when presenting completed business license application.