Councilman Sheldon Stewart
District 1 | Term: 2016 - 2020
Sheldon Stewart moved to Riverton as a young boy in 1981 with his family. He attended Riverton Elementary, Oquirrh Hills Middle School, and Bingham High School.
Sheldon received Associate of Science degrees in environmental sciences and business management, a Bachelor of Science degree in finance, and an MBA in global management. During the past 20 years, he has worked in the banking, software, and healthcare industries. He currently works as an executive at a local bank.
Sheldon and his wife Heather have three children who have all attended local schools, including Riverton Elementary, Foothills Elementary, Providence Hall, Fort Herriman Middle School, and Herriman High School. His oldest child will soon graduate from Utah Valley University, while his younger two currently attend Utah State University.
Boards and Committees
- Riverton City Council, District 1
- Riverton Redevelopment Agency (RDA)
- Riverton Finance Committee, Chair
- Riverton Law Enforcement Service Area (RLESA), Vice Chair
- Unified Fire Authority, Board Member
- Unified Fire Service Area, Trustee