Road Maintenance - To report a routine maintenance, road hazards or a damaged road sign, please call (801) 208-3162 during normal office hours or (801) 254-0704 after hours.
Snow Removal - To report unsafe, snowy conditions, such as ice or wind-drift please call (801) 208-3162 during normal office hours or (801) 254-0704 after hours.
Riverton City's Limited Winter Parking Ordinance #11-3-45 is as follows:
It shall be unlawful for any person or owner of any vehicle to park a motor vehicle, travel trailer, horse trailer, utility trailer or other like vehicle on any street in this municipality between the 1st day of November of each year and the first day of April of the following year, for a period of time longer than three minutes when loading or unloading passengers and for a period of time longer than thirty minutes when loading, unloading or delivering property between the hours of 12:00 a.m. and 7:00 a.m. on the streets of Riverton City. Violation of this ordinance shall be punishable by citation or impounding and removal of the vehicle.
Snow Removal Procedures:
1. 2” of snow or Icy or Slick conditions
1) Salt or plow all major arterials, major connectors, and School zones
2) Inspect all major stop sign areas and salt and plow as needed.
2. 4” inches or less of snow
1) Salt and plow all major arterials, connectors and School zones.
2) All stop signs onto any major roads will be plowed and sanded
3) All City property will be plowed and salted, this includes Civic Center and Senior Citizen Center.
4) All City maintained sidewalks would be cleared if needed.
3. 4” to 6” inches of snow
1) All major roads, school zones will be plowed and salted.
2) All stop signs and secondary roads will be plowed and salted.
3) All minor roads will be plowed and salted at key intersections.
4) All city properties will be plowed and salted.
5) All city, maintained sidewalks will be cleared.
4. 6” inches or more of snow
1) Salt and plow all major roads and School Zones.
2) Salt and plow all secondary roads and stop sign areas
3) Start plowing all minor roads, stub streets, and cul-de-sacs.
4) All City property will be plowed and salted
5) All City maintained sidewalks will be cleared
6) 12-hour shifts will start, until all roads are cleared.