Simple License Checklist
Simple Permit / Home Occupation
(Office only: Computer work, invoicing, telephone, etc. No employees/clients in or out of the home that would alert the neighbors or have a visual impact on the neighborhood: Internet services, accounting, crafts, etc. Also includes mobile business that performs work and related services in other locations: Handyman, cleaning services, consulting, plumbing, etc.)
- Apply with State Commerce Department for business name registration. You may apply at www.business.utah.gov/registration. Fee required.
- You will receive a seven digit dash four digit registration number from the State. Bring a hard copy of that registration to the City for proof.
- Fill out Riverton City Business License Application Form (2 pages). Available on line at www.rivertoncity.com or at City offices 12830 South Redwood Road.
- Obtain signature of clearance from Planning & Zoning Department at Riverton City same location as above.
- Pay-licensing fee at Cashier Window, same location.
- The license will be processed by the Clerk and will be sent to you in the mail.
It is applicants’ responsibility to provide item 1 when presenting completed Business License Application. Fees for item number 3 will be collected when Business License application is turned in. All licenses will be issued only after fee is paid.PDF version: SIMPLE PERMIT/HOME OCCUPATION