Commercial License Checklist
- Apply with the State of Utah Department of Commerce for your business name registration. The State will issue you an eleven digit registration number. Include this number on the Riverton City business License Application form, in the space provided.
- Fill out a Riverton City Business License Application Form (2 pages) online or at the City Offices.
- The Riverton City Business License Fee will be collected by the Business License Clerk at the time of application - please see the current Riverton City Fee Schedule.
- A Riverton City Building Inspection Fee (fee schedule) is also required. The Business License Clerk will collect this fee and order final inspections. If you are new construction or a remodel, this fee will already have been paid when submitting plans/permits to the Building Department.
- If you will be operating a hair or nail salon, providing child care, or if food will be served, you must request a State Health Inspection (fee required). For hair and nails call (385) 468-3835, childcare call (801) 273-6617 and for food related inspections call (385) 468-3845. Please notify the Riverton City Business License Clerk when these fees are paid by calling (801) 208-3139.
- A Riverton City Fire Inspection is required. No additional fee is need and the Business License Clerk will order this inspection.
- The Business License will be processed by the Clerk and sent to you in the mail.
Your Business License will be issued only after all fees are paid and inspections are complete.