Residential Solar Photovoltaic (PV) System
Plan Submittal Checklist
This checklist is only a basic list of items needed to begin a solar PV system plan review and is not all inclusive. Having all the items listed on this checklist does not guarantee a permit will be issued and any additional plans, information, and/or requirements may be requested or required by Riverton City at any time.
Please email all permits to Mark Smith, Building Official, at email@example.com
- Site plan: A detailed site plan showing the location of the home, electrical meter panel, any backfed sub-panelboards, and all PV system components on the property is required.
- Mounting system: Provide detai led information on the module mounting system and also the weight of all components on the roof. The support manufacture specs must also specify the required support spacing based on the local wind and snow loads. Note if the home roof rafters are engineered trusses or provide information on the type and size of the roof rafters if they are other than engineered trusses. Also note the type of the roof covering (shingles, metal, or tile) and how many layers of the covering there are. Ifthe racking system has integrated grounding/bonding, please also provide spec sheets showing such.
- One-line diagram: a detailed one-line diagram is required and must show: the type of PV system being installed (a single inverter system with one or more strings of modules connected in series, a micro inverter system, or an AC module system), the exact number and layout of modules andhow they are connected together (in series or in parallel), all wire types, all wire sizes, conduit types and sizes, detai led info on the grounding wiring and connections, the locations of all circuits and system components on or in the house, and the ratings of all fuses or breakers.
- Elect. panel to be backfed: note which home electrical pa nel the PV system will backfeed and give the location and rating of that pa nel. Pl ease provid e pictu res of the service panel with a pictu re of its interior label also. Please also provide photos of la bels of any sub-panel that will be backfed.
- Module spec sheets: provide the PV module (solar panels) spec sheets showing the modules' STC rated watts (Pmp), volts (Vmp), amps (Imp), open circuit voltage (Voe), and short circuit current (Isc). Modules must be listed UL 1703.
- Inverter spec sheets: provide the inverter manufacture spec sheets showing the amount of watts and volts the inverter can safely handle, and also noting what the inverter's max rated AC output amps and voltage is. Utility tied inverters must be listed as "utility interactive" meeting UL 1741, and have ground fault protection.
- Total array power: provide the total amount of watts, amps, volts, open circuit voltage (Voe at the coldest possible outside temperature-see NEC 690.7), and short circuit current that the array can produce. (This is not required for systems with micro inverters)
- System components: provide information on the different types of components that will be used in the system and how they are to be installed. Also show that all equipment is listed and rated for the type of voltage (AC or DC), amount of voltage, and the amount of current that it could be subjected to.
- Array: provide square footage of the total array.