Riverton City contracts with Salt Lake County for all Animal Control Services, including licensing, which is no longer available at Riverton City Hall or through local veterinarians.
You may license your pet with Salt Lake County by one of the following ways:
1. In person - come on down to the County shelter with your animal's paperwork and you can walk away with their license in-hand.
2. Through the mail - mail in a completed application form with appropriate vaccination, sterilization, and microchip certificates (and the license fee) to the County address on the form.
1. Make checks payable to: Salt Lake County Treasure
2. Applicants for Senior Citizen Licenses must also include proof of age
3. Online - for your convenience, Salt Lake County also offers licensing online.
1. First read through the details of online licensing (we cannot give refunds if you purchase the wrong license)
2. Then fill out the online application with all the pertinent information
3. Pay the licensing fee with a valid debit or credit card (Visa or Mastercard only)
4. Fax, e-mail, mail, or bring in proof of vaccination, sterilization, microchip, and proof of age (for senior citizen licenses).
5. When all paperwork has been received and the fees have been paid, your license and receipts will be mailed to you. If paperwork is not received within 90 days, your license will expire and you'll need to restart the licensing process (and repay the licensing fees).
For all your Animal Services needs please contact the County at 435-468-7387.